The Interactive Science curriculum aim to provide students with a solid foundation for the learning of science at secondary level and beyond.
With the inquiry approach and interactive nature, students will be motivated and they will accept that science is relevant and interesting. The curriculum also challenges students to think creatively and critically.
IT shows students Internet resources they can access independently to further explore each topic.
- Try This! provides opportunities for students to make inquiries, share ideas and experiences and carry out cooperative learning.
- Exploring Further consists of questions or activities to encourage students to think further into a topic.
- Science in Action exposes students to the applications of science in daily life and in the industry.
- Science Nugget provides snippets of scientific knowledge which may not be in the syllabus, but are relevant, useful and interesting.
- Workbook Link links the concepts learnt in the textbook with the activities and practical experiments in the theory and practical workbooks.
- Connect shows the links between science and other fields of study.
- NE represents National education and relates science to the country.
- Key Points provide a summary of the important concepts and principles in the chapter to help students recall what they have just learnt.
- Let's Review! is included at the end of each chapter in the form of structured questions.
- At a Glance provides a graphic summary of the chapter in the form of a concept map.
- Think Tank consists of open-ended questions that develop and inculcate critical and creative thinking skills among students.